Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Author's Favorite's

One of my favorite animals from this country is the commenly known; African Elephant!


This is a Mother African Elephant and her Baby. <3

After researching the African Elephant I have come to find that they are not aggresive, which to me is quiet surprising!


The major unit of elephant society is a stable, matriarchal family of cows and their calves. A typical family includes an average of 10 individuals, usually consisting of an older female, her dependent offspring, and her adult daughters with their immature offspring. Males are usually driven out of the family when they attain the age of breed, after which they remain solitary or temporarily congregate into bachelor herds. African elephant families are not territorial. In fact, they appear to have a social affinity for one another and can be found in larger groups of various sizes.

Here is an example of a "family" or "herd" of African Elephants! <3
I hope that you enjoyed learning a little bit about my favorite animal from Nigeria, Africa. I hopefully will post a new animal each week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment